Named after Brother Thomas Treadaway–St. Mary’s registrar from 1938 to 1969– Treadaway Hall initially housed Marianist brothers and served as a scholasticate. Today it functions as dorms for students, contains its own chapel, and serves as archives.
Full of stories of many lives, The National Archives of the Marianist Province of the United States was established in 2015 at St. Mary’s University’s campus in a former government building that hosted night classes for members of the community.
This building holds a variety of items ranging from documents to glass plate negatives, an old bell cast in Cincinnati, the old dress of the Marianist order, and even a gold chalice commemorating a first Holy Communion. The impact of this little archive is astonishing and holds the story of not only a religious order but that of many individuals.